Booking one of our cabins or condo isn't much more complex than booking a hotel but there are some extra steps along the way.
#BookDirect with us -- As you may have guessed, this option will provide us with the most transparent relationship and the least expensive reservation for you since we do not charge the added "service fees" charged by those sites. At the page for each property, you can get instant rates, request a quote, or initiate an instant booking.
Book via one of our advertising channels -- If you inquire via one of the large listing sites such as Airbnb, or Expedia (Vbo.com), we are bound by the terms and conditions with those listing sites not to encourage you to book via another method. Those websites will add booking/service fees ranging 10%-25% just to process your transaction. There is no benefit to either of us for you to book through those sites. We encourage everyone to book directly with us and other vacation rental owners whenever possible!
Nightly rates vary by property and time of year. Rates are instantly available here on our site and are shown at those listing sites, however we have no control or influence over the service fees added by those sites.
Minimum number of nights vary by property and season, and some holidays may have a higher nightly minimum.
Cleaning fees vary by property and are included as part of your quote
Non-refundable Rental Damage Protection - All quotes/bookings include a $49 non-refundable Accidental Damage Protection policy issued by Rental Guardian (up to $1,500) - accidents happen, we've had guests break beds, ceiling fans, chairs, lamps, etc. We have a few situations per year where something gets broken. If something is broken accidentally, please let us know. Since the damage policy is already in place, it will be much easier and quicker for us to start the replacement or repair and get it done before the next group checks in.
Refundable Deposit We authorize a hold (but not a charge) for the security deposit (the amount varies by property) on your credit card 2 days prior to your arrival. You will receive a reminder email about the authorization approximately a week prior to your stay. About 1 group per year lose some amount of their deposit. Some examples have been, not cleaning up accidents, leaving trash (food, diapers, etc) all over, water balloon fights inside, you get the idea.
Siesta Dunes - Siesta Dunes condo complex requires a $50 registration fee. You will see that on your quote for our condo in Siesta Key.
Taxes - we are obligated to collect and remit appropriate state and county sales tax, along with any local lodging tax or tourist tax. You will see those line items on your quote.
All quotes and bookings are managed by our system. We are glad to chat by phone but will issue all quotes by email. Actual booking will be done by you online where you can use your preferred credit card, or use your PayPal account - we will not take your credit card over the phone. If you have a strong preference to pay by check, we can process your payment manually and still execute the rental agreement electronically.
RESERVATION PROCESS -looks like a long list, but it is pretty simple
1) If you want a quoted emailed to you, inquire via email, phone, or the website
2) Our quotes have a link to the online quote and website for easy reference
3) You review review our quote and website - call, text or email us with any questions that aren't answered
4) When you are ready to book click the link in the emailed quote you received, or if you didn't want a quote, you can skip steps 1-3 and book instantly at our website.
5) The secure online reservation system will show the total for your stay, initial payment (50% of total), and due dates
6) During the booking process the Rental Agreement will be displayed for your review and digital signature
7) Your online payment will be processed with a credit card or your PayPal account. Your statement will show *Peaks & Palms Vacation Rentals*
8) Your digitally signed rental agreement will be archived in our system and emailed to both of us
9) Once you receive your email confirmation of a successful reservation, your dates are all set
10) In your reservation confirmation email, you will also receive instructions on providing us with a copy of your ID (much like checking into a hotel) - this must be done within 48 hours of reserving the property
11) 60 days (30 in TN) before your check-in date, you will receive an email reminder that your second/final (remaining 50%) payment has been scheduled and processed - if you booked less than 60 days (30 in TN) in advance, you likely already paid in full
12) About 2 weeks before your stay you will receive an email with the property address, directions and your personalized door code
13) Approximately 1 week before your check-in date, you will receive an email reminder to secure the deposit reserve on your credit card. If you paid via PayPal you must do this manually. If you paid with a credit card, we will automatically process this hold and notify you
14) You arrive for your stay!! The properties are accessed via electronic locks. All relevant instructions and info is in the email you receive 2 weeks before your stay. The instructions have been used hundreds of times, so they are 'well worked', but if you have questions, we are as close as a call, text or email
15) Upon checkout, our cleaning crew enters the property, and provides us with a report as they prepare the property for the next guest. Once we review the cleaning crew's report, you will receive an email showing the release of the reserve
We accept major credit cards processed by our reservation system, or you can opt to use your PayPal account. We can accept personal checks. In the case of checks, we expect notice from you that the check is in the mail within ~ 24 hours of booking and agreement signature. We give checks 7 days to arrive. Also in the case of checks, we replace the "Security Deposit Authorization" with a traditional refundable security deposit.
NOTE: We can not accept credit cards by phone or email. The online system must be used for protection for both of us.
Cancellation policies may vary on a listing service website service due to their respective system options, however your signed rental agreement establishes the formal/enforced cancellation policy.
The guest named on the rental agreement is the only person who may cancel the reservation.
• 100% refund if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
• 50% refund if cancelled 31-59 days prior to the Check-in Date (*TN cabins only)
• 0% will be refunded within 30 days of Check-in Date
We've found cancellations to be infrequent, and since the pandemic, most guests purchase travel insurance. This is our posted policy and this is the minimum you can expect. We handle each cancellation on a case by case basis and will do everything possible to help mitigate cancellation expenses for our guests. All cancellations are subject to a $75 administrative fee plus actual credit card fees.
SECURITY HOLD RELEASE
Check-out procedures are fairly simple and outlined on the refrigerator and in the guest information booklet. at the property. Within 24 hours (same day in most cases) of your departure, the cleaning team, will be in the property to review the property and check on the basics like furniture condition, electronics in working order, etc. They give us a preliminary status, and then clean the property. Upon completion, we receive a final report. Assuming no problems, we will release the hold authorization and/or return your security deposit in full. Method of refund depends on your payment method.
Copyright © 2023 Peaks & Palms Vacation Rental Group - All Rights Reserved.
email@example.com ● 513-400-4636